Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week 19 ~ Beautiful.. BDOTB





The weather was perfect, the scenery was beautiful, confidence was there... but it wasn't in the cards. BDOTB stands for Bad Day On The Bike. The ride took us from Tramway and Montgomery to the top of Placitas. I didn't realize that Placitas was all uphill, but it was. And, the body was having none of it. I had to keep stopping the let my cramps subside and then continue. On the last rest stop I lost my balance and fell to my left without having my left foot unclipped. I thought "No Big Deal, get up and get going". Well, the clip of my shoe broke and I couldn't clip back in. I was done for the day. Frank was SAGging and we had no cell reception for him to come and get me. So Ed and I started walking to the top. I was only about 2 miles away. We were gone so long that everyone ahead of me started coming back down the hill. I got in the car and cheered everyone else on.

It was one to to avoid going back up the Tramway Hill. I can't avoid it forever. Thanks to Ed for sticking with me. I kept telling him to "Just Go and get Frank". He said "NO".
With only 45 days left to train I am feeling a bit panicked. I will be missing this weekends ride so it will be up to my to get my training in.

Congratulations to everyone who completed this past weekend's ride. You guys are awesome. Enjoy some pictures from the ride my kids took.

No comments: