Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week 14 ~ 65 miles in the mountains

Well, after a few bumps in the road, I managed to finish the 65 mile ride. The ride took us from Frost Road and North 14 (in the Sandia Mountains) to Stanley then to Moriority and back. While it was mostly flats, the last 10 miles was climbing 2400 feet of elevation. There was a couple of times where I was ready to get into the SAG car. I managed to get a flat on the way back to Stanely. The goo in the tire kept trying to seal, but to no avail. I ended up changing it. I will be looking into thicker tires this week. I am tired of changing tires and my team mates I'm sure are tired of waiting for me.

The ride took us through some beautiful landscape... llamas, sunflowers and corn fields. The road from Stanley to Moriorty was full of grasshoppers. It was really gross knowing I must have run over more than 100. Not only did we go through grasshopper road kill, but we also saw snakes, rabbits and dead birds.

I am really starting to enjoy and look forward to my training rides on Saturdays. One reason is knowing that I am getting stronger. While my body size has not changed, knowing that the heart is getting healthier is good enough for me. I sign recommitment paperwork this week and I am very close to my fundraising goal. Please take the time and donate to get me there. Just click on the link on the side bar. Thanks to everyone who has supported me this far. Don't forget, you are not only supporting me, you and helping aid in cancer rearch and care. All donations are tax deductible.

Love to all, XOXO.
Check out the pictures below.

No comments: